If you need to use a printer but don’t have one added to your MacBook, there’s no need to worry. If you can add printer to iPad or iPhone and print directly from a mobile device, figuring out how do you print on a Mac is not that challenging.
In this article, we’ll show you how to use a printer on a MacBook so that you can get your documents printed out in no time.
Setting Up a Printer on a MacBook
To set up a printer on your MacBook, you’ll need the following items:
– A printer that is compatible with macOS ( we recommend checking with the manufacturer to ensure compatibility)
– A USB cable that is long enough to reach from your computer to the printer
– A power outlet
Once you gather the necessary items, follow these instructions:
1. Start by plugging the USB cable into the port on your MacBook. Then, connect the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your printer.
2. Once the cable is connected, go ahead and turn on your printer.
3. Next, open up System Preferences on your MacBook. It can be done by choosing or selecting the Apple Icon which will be in the top left side/corner of the display screen and just click “System Preferences.”
4. Once you’re in System Preferences, click on “Printers & Scanners.”
5. On the next screen, you should see your printer listed under the “Printers” section. If you don’t see it listed, click on the “+” button to add it.
6. Now that your printer is set up, you can go ahead and try printing something.
Printing Multiple Copies
If you need to print multiple copies of a document from your MacBook, there are a few different ways that you can do so. One option is to use the “Print” dialog box in any application that allows you to print documents. To access this dialog box, simply go to the File menu and select “Print.”
Another option is to use the “Preview” application that comes installed on all Macs. This application allows you to view PDFs and other types of documents and also provides a way to print them. To print a document using Preview, simply open the document in Preview and click on the “File” menu. From here, select “Print.”
Finally, if you’re using Safari as your web browser, you can print web pages by going to the File menu and selecting “Print.”
Pausing and Cancelling the Printer
If you need to pause or cancel printing on your MacBook, there are a few different ways to do so. One way is to go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
From here, click on Printers & Scanners and then find your printer in the list on the left side of the window. Select your printer and then click on the Open Print Queue button at the bottom of the window.
This will open a new window that shows all of the print jobs that are currently in the queue. To cancel all of the print jobs, simply click on the Clear button at the bottom of this window.
Another way to cancel or pause printing on your MacBook is to directly control your printer. If your printer has a control panel, there will typically be a button that you can press to pause or cancel printing. Some printers also have an app that you can use to control them, and this may also have the option to pause or cancel printing.
You should be able to see all of the devices that are currently connected to your wireless network. Find your printer in the list and then click on the Disconnect button next to it. This will pause any current print jobs and prevent any new print jobs from being sent to your printer.
Printing Different Paper Sizes
There are a few things to keep in mind when printing on a MacBook. The first is that the printer must be able to accommodate the size of paper that you’re using. Different printers have different paper size limits, so it’s important to check before attempting to print.
Once you’ve confirmed that your printer can handle the paper size you’re using; the next step is to select the correct paper size setting in the Print dialog box.
To do this:
1. Open the document or image you want to print and select File > Print from the menu bar.
2. In the Print dialog box, click on the drop-down menu next to Paper Size and select the desired paper size.
3. Click on OK to print.